Sunday, November 6, 2011

The ProgrAAm

If I want to pick this program apart, I can and you can. I spent the better part of 50 years trying to prove or disprove the existence of a particular higher power. I stayed drunk. When I reached a level of desperation and revulsion at what my life had become, I prayed for faith. Little by little, I learned that faith was the key, not proof, and faith came to me. We can analyze, examine, criticize and complain, or we can look at the results, ALL the results. Some fail the program, the truth eludes them until it is too late. Does that mean as my friend says, we should stop seeking every day, look for loopholes and fallacies to prepare for failure? Not me, and if you are on that quest of negativity, I will call you on it. I will speak up lest damage be done to someone who is not so far along the path as I. I only wish for all the daily reprieve that I have been granted. I don't live in unhealthy fear anymore but I haven't discarded caution, I am not foolish. I thank God for the people in this program who "call me on my s***", and if you are my brother or sister in this program, I will do the same for you. Sometimes I don't like it and you may not either, but to do less is a betrayal.

No comments:

Post a Comment