Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Where's there's smoke......

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No focus on this one

Posted by Mark A. LeBlanc on Aug 17, 2009


picture taken by me showing
Six months since I gave up smoking the little cigars and it’s time to address the weight issue again. I’m afraid to get on the scale even though the tradeoff of weight gain for a smoke free life is a good trade. I gave up cigarettes in ‘85 and smoked a pipe for a year or so then was smoke free for 10 or 12 years. I never returned to cigarettes but, really, what’s the difference? When I quit smoking this time I was active on the South Beach Diet web site and was having success eating a low glycemic index diet. It seems that once I get started on a disclipine, the successes carry me along and foment more success. GETTING STARTED is the task. I drank for a good fifteen years after it ceased to be any fun. I’ve been sober a while and the actual urge to drink rarely surfaces, I love my sobriety. I believe that God delivered me from that misery and his power can solve any problem I have. As my friends say “God will do for us what we cannot do for ourselves” but I’ve gotta do whatever it is that I CAN do first. As usual, I am saying things that I need to hear. My compulsive, addictive personality extends to every corner of my life, self examination being one of those corners. I can’t imagine that anyone is still reading this at this point but if you are, feel free to comment. Don’t tell me what to do, tell me what you did that worked. The definition of insanity….

No comments:

Post a Comment