Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Posted by Mark A. LeBlanc on Nov 3, 2009



I was surfing around on my high school’s alumni site recently and came across a former classmate who is a prolific blogger and poster on the website. She obviously has a passion and talent for writing. I enjoyed her work and it made me feel guilty that I don’t post that much here lately. I may post shorter entries from now on instead of the essays that I usually write.

Speaking of the newly discovered alumni website, I’ve been reflecting on the nature of friendship. I am peeking into the lives of people I haven’t seen or talked to since ‘73 or so. I have always believed that friendships don’t end, they just go on hiatus. We’ve all gotten the emails that tell us some friends are in our lives for a season, or a reason, or whatever rhymes but I have always enjoyed visiting and chatting with old friends partly because you are visiting an earlier version of yourself.

Are you still….? fill in the blank, interested in photography or writing or whatever happened to…? and the memories of the different people you have been or planned to be come back to mind like a thought you never completed because you were distracted. The memory of a friendship forgotten resurfaces and brings other thoughts to mind that are like temporarily misplaced souvenirs of a trip you enjoyed. I like that feeling and it’s fun to revisit your life with the wisdom of years.

No comments:

Post a Comment