Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Sunday Ramblin'

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

Sunday Musings

Posted by Mark A. LeBlanc on Aug 16, 2009 with No Comments
in Uncategorized
as
An Antebellum era (pre-civil war) family Bible...
I watched Joel Osteen this Sunday morning as is my custom, his wide-eyed faith and admiration of God inspire me. I sometimes miss the experience of sitting in church and praising God with others but I have a network of friends who meet every day and discuss the practical application of a spiritual life. We hold hands and pray and are renewed by our common faith. Someone once told me that the word “religion” doesn’t appear anywhere in the Bible. I am not a Bible scholar, but I keep an eye out for this word as I read. Should the lack of complete acceptance of a particular religious dogma keep one from church? Will Mark ever resolve these fundamental questions and find true clarity? Probably not, but the journey IS life, the destination only the beginning of another journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment